Qualifications: B.Sc (Econ); M.A.TEFL (Distinction); Ph.D.
Jordan, G. And Long. M. (forthcoming) Language Teaching for Adults.The way it is now, and the way it could be. Cambridge Scholars.
Jordan, G. and McMillan, N. (in press) TBLT Case Study. Long, M. and Ahmadian, M. Handbok of TBLT. CUP.
* Jordan, G. and Gray, H. (2020) We Need to talk about cooursebooks. ELTJ, 72,1.
* Jordan, G. (2012) Theoretical Constructs in SLA. In Robinson, P. (ed) The Routledge Encyclopedia of SLA. London, Routledge.
* Jordan, G. (2004) Explanatory Adequacy and Theories of Second Language Acquisition. Applied Linguistics.
* Jordan, G. (2004) Theory Construction in SLA. Amsterdam, Benjamins.
* Long, M., Gregg, K., Jordan, G. and Beretta, A. (2003) Rationality and its Discontents. Applied Linguistics.
* Johns, T., Hardisty, D., Murison-Bowie, S., and Jordan, G. (1994) Microconcord. Oxford, OUP.
* Jordan, G. (1992) Exploiting Computer-Based Simulations for Language-Learning Purposes. System Journal.
*Jordan, G. and Barnett, L. (1989) Self-Access Centres: What are they for? English Language Teaching Journal.
I’ve published more than 20 articles on CALL, task-based learning, concordancers, and Business English, and given more than 50 presentations at TEFL conferences.
I’ve lived in Spain since 1981. I worked at ESADE, Barcelona for 28 years, first as a language teacher and then as Director of Studies. With my boss, Pat Mills, I helped to organise and run an MA TESOL programme, run jointly by the Institute Of Education (London University) and ESADE from 1994 to 2003. Since 2004, I’ve worked freelance, doing English immersion courses at home*, working with post-doctoral students at the Universitat Politecnica de Barcelona and on the Distance Learning MA in AL and TESOL pogramme at Leicester University.
My main academic interests are: theories of SLA, psycholinguistics, teaching practice and computational linguistics.
Hobbies: chess, listening to Dylan, Charlie Parker and Bach, waiting for Pynchon to write another good novel, walking in the forest with dogs and donkies, and watching my wife gardening.